Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 and some goals

Every year we all try and set goals that we all want to achieve by end of the year. So, I thought I would include you in on some of my goals so you could see what I aiming for. Possibly, you can hold me accountable to them as well.

- Read through the Bible on one of those year plans
- Read 15 books. Here's the list I have so far:
- Finish Doctrine by Mark Driscoll
- Hunger Games books
- Bringing Up Girls by Dr. James Dobson
- 99 things every girl should know by Neely Mcqueen
- Soul School by Jeanne Stevens
- Sustainable Youth Ministry by Mark DeVries
- Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens by Sean Covey
- Vintage Church by Mark Driscoll
- Parenting a new generation by Chap Clark
- Erasing Hell by Francis Chan
- Love Wins by Rob Bell
- Desiring God by John Piper
- Re- Read Chasing Daylight by Erwin McManus
I know I have more then 15 books here but I would imagine that some of these will be replaced

- Become more healthy
- By eating better and becoming a better cook
- Continue to Work out and get down to 200 pounds (I am at 235 now)

- Become a more disciplined Leader and Teacher
- Do something adventurous that I have never done
- Play some golf
- Look into getting my master's
- Date my wife more
- Love on my kids more
- Hike Maryland's portion of the Appalachian Trail
- Travel a little
- Spend more one on one with some students

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awsome stuff jason.